Ralph E. Hamor
Clinical Professor & Service Chief – Ophthalmology
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences
PO Box 100126
2015 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32608-0125
- DACVO, 1994
- MS, Colorado State University, 1993
- DVM, University of Missouri-Columbia, 1987
Honors and Awards
- Carl J. Norden/Pfizer Distinguished Teacher Award, 2009 & 1996, University of Illinois
- Dr. Gordon and Mrs. Helen Kruger Service Excellence Award, 2009 & 2012, University of Illinois
- Dr. Beryl D. and Renee Mell Faculty Award, 2008, University of Illinois
- Dr. Gordon and Mrs. Helen Kruger Teaching Excellence Award, 2005, University of Illinois
- Dr. and Mrs. Lloyd Helper Faculty Collegiality Award, 2003, University of Illinois
- Campus Award for Excellence in Graduate and Professional Teaching, Honorable Mention-1999, University of Illinois
- Chicago Veterinary Medical Association Outstanding Instructor Award, 1998, University of Illinois
- As a clinical professor, my main interests involve the training of students, interns and residents. I have broad interest in the clinical application of electrodiagnostic evaluation of retinal disease, tear film evaluation and clinical drug therapy.
- Three dimensional printing of orbital and peri-orbital masses in 3 dogs and its potential applications in veterinary ophthalmology.
- Treatment of corneal squamous cell carcinoma using topical 1% 5-fluorouracil as monotherapy.
Additional publications here