Annual Open House & Community Outreach Event
Saturday, April 15, 2017
Come one, come all to the UF College of Veterinary Medicine’s Annual Open House!
- When: Saturday, April 15, 2017, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine located at 2015 SW 16th Ave. in Gainesville.
- Who: The college and our veterinary students work together to put on this wonderful, fun and educational event each year for the community.
- What: Our Open House is an opportunity to learn more about the veterinary profession and what our Small and Large Animal Hospitals have to offer, engage in learning opportunities, see cool stuff and even adopt an animal from a local shelter. Come learn more about us! And it’s all free and open to the public!
- Tours of the UF Large and Small Animal Hospitals (ongoing)
- How to Get Into Veterinary School/Pre-Vet Advising Sessions
- Talks and Educational Demonstrations highlighting various techniques used by UF veterinarians to treat animals for a variety of health problems (ongoing)
- Lameness Locator™ Demonstrations
- Equine Treadmill Demonstrations
- Dog Agility Demonstrations
- Marion County Sheriff’s Mounted Unit Demonstrations
- Florida State Agricultural Response Team (SART) Emergency Response Demonstrations
- Games and prizes for kids provided by CVM student organizations
- Food truck rally featuring local eateries (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- T-shirts and merchandise for sale, with proceeds benefiting veterinary student clubs
- Teddy Bear Clinic for the kids – bring your torn teddy bears for repair by UF veterinary students and the Alachua Veterinary Medical Association (ongoing)
- Ocala’s Gypsy Gold Vanner Horses (ongoing)
- Chris P. Bacon, the pig on wheels (ongoing)
Are you part of a large group like FFA, 4-H, Scouts or Pony Club? We encourage you to let us know you’re coming!
Updated March 16, 2017