Department of Infectious Diseases and Pathology
PO Box 110880
2015 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32608-0880
Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 407-938-2746
- DVM, Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, 1997
- Residency, Anatomic Pathology, University of Florida, 1997-1999
- Fellowship in Wildlife Pathology, University of Florida / Disney, 2001
Honors and Awards
- College of Veterinary Medicine Teacher of the Year, 2006-2007
- University of Florida Outstanding Young Alumni, 2007
Much of my research focus is centered on providing diagnostic pathology services for a variety of conservation related projects. I currently provide support to special survival plans for African and Asian elephants, cotton-top tamarins, Key Largo woodrats, Guam Rails, Micronesian Kingfishers, and the migratory whooping crane project (Operation Migration, www.operationmigration.org).
- Dermatitis and cellulitis in leopard geckos (Eublepharis macularius) caused by the Chrysosporium anamorph of Nannizziopsis vriesii.
Additional publications here