Inaugural Practice Ownership Summit: Succession Planning
The University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine invites you to participate in our inaugural Practice Ownership Summit! This event has been developed to create a network of professionals to promote and encourage practice ownership in veterinary medicine. The summit will facilitate an honest conversation on the landscape of practice ownership, detail innovative financing programs for both owners and sellers, and communicate how the concept of ownership fits into millennial values.
Friday, September 28 Banfield Seminar Room – Small Animal Hospital
5:00pm-7:00pm: Optional Evening Reception
Saturday, September 29 9:00am-4:00pm: IFAS Straughn Center
9:15am-10:00am: Keynote Speaker Kickoff – Dr. Matthew Salois, AVMA Chief Economist
10:15am-12:00pm: Concurrent Morning Sessions: Creating a Culture of Ownership
• For owners: Preparing for practice sale and the transition
* Recruiting associates as potential buyers
* Structuring an exit strategy
• For associates: Preparing for practice ownership
* Is practice ownership feasible? What do I need to know?
* Competing with consolidators
• For students: Practice ownership – a pathway to professional fulfillment and paying off student loans
* Is practice ownership a realistic option?
* What should I do now to prepare?
1:00pm-1:30pm: Speaker: Future of Veterinary Medicine
1:45pm-3:30pm: Afternoon Sessions: Creating Connections
• Discussion triad: Owners, associates and students
* Real life perspectives with challenging scenarios and provocative questions
• Panel discussions
* What went right: True stories from practice owners
* Answers to the questions you were too embarrassed to ask
3:30pm-4:00pm: Closing Remarks: A-HA! Moments – Critical Take homes
4:00pm-6:00pm: Networking reception
The UF CVM, as a preeminent vehicle leader for all aspects of veterinary medical education, from recruitment to professional success, offers this workshop to all interested participants.
Please email RSVP@vetmed.ufl.edu to discuss any accommodations needed to participate fully in this event.
For those that are in need of hotel lodging, we have created room blocks for this event. Please click on the links below to book.
Courtyard by Marriott : Book your group rate for Practice Ownership Summit
Hilton Garden Inn: https://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/groups/personalized/G/GNVGFGI-POS-20180928/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG