The University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine strives to cultivate an atmosphere of respect, empathy, and open-mindedness within an exceptional community of students, faculty, and staff. As a college, we understand that our commitment to community is a shared responsibility among our faculty, staff, students, alumni and others.
Together, we are committed to build and expand individual and organizational efforts that foster respect, dignity, fairness, caring, and self-esteem.
- Community: Every member of our community is an essential thread in the fabric of the UF CVM. We will create a welcoming, empowering environment where all faculty, staff, house officers, and students feel at home.
- Success: We will create conditions that encourage everyone to thrive at the UF CVM and in the UF Veterinary Hospitals. We will cultivate personal growth and success.
- Accountability and capacity building: We will ensure that we have the budget, people, and skills needed to build a lasting community of excellence.
- Outreach and Engagement: We will ensure that excellence is a collective responsibility working to protect the most vulnerable in our community and the community.
- Celebrations and Rewards: Celebrating our progress and rewarding the work required to build our community are critical to our continued We will ensure that the value of excellence in scholarship and service is recognized, and celebrate the successes that result from this work.