Department of Physiological Sciences
2015 SW 16th Avenue
Gainesville, FL 32610-0125
- B.S., Biophysics & Biochemistry, Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA (1973-1977).
- Ph.D., Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology, College of Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX (1977-1982).
- Post-Ph.D., NIH / American Heart Association Postdoctoral Fellow, Departments of Pharmacology and Cardiology, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ (1982-1985).
Honors & Awards
- Distinguished Alumnus Award, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX (2017).
- Invited speaker at International Workshop for Harmonization of Minor Use/Minor Species Veterinary Drugs in Food Animals “Federal Oversight of Extra-Label Drug Use for Food-Producing Animals in the USA: Is International Harmonization Possible?”, (2013), Taipei, TAIWAN
- Clinical Sciences Teacher of the Year Award, UF College of Veterinary Medicine, 2006.
- Teacher of the Year Award (Class of 1996), UF College of Veterinary Medicine, 1998.
- Teaching Improvement Program Award, UF College of Veterinary Medicine, 1994.
- C.E. Cornelius Outstanding Young Investigator Award, UF College of Veterinary Medicine, 1991.
Current Research Interests
- Drug residues in animal-derived and plant-based human food products
- Pharmacokinetics of drugs in food-producing animals
- Disease impacts on drug pharmacokinetics in food-producing animal species
Current Grant Support
- 2018, USDA (National Institute for Food and Agriculture), Food Animal Residue Avoidance and Depletion (FARAD) Program-Southern Region (see farad.org) – research and extension program for preventing or mitigating risks of harmful drug or chemical residues in animal-derived food products, including meat, milk, eggs and honey.
- Martin KL, Clapham MO, Davis JL, Baynes RE, Lin Z, Vickroy TW, Riviere JE, Tell LA. Extralabel drug use in small ruminants. J Am Vet Med Assoc.253(8):1001-1009 (2018). PMID: 30272520
- Stafford EG, Tell LA, Lin Z, Davis JL, Vickroy TW, Riviere JE, Baynes RE. Consequences of fipronil exposure in egg-laying hens. J Am Vet Med Assoc.253(1):57-60 (2018). PMID: 29911954
- Chen HR, Rairat T, Loh SH, Wu YC, Vickroy TW, Chou CC. Assessment of veterinary drugs in plants using pharmacokinetic approaches: The absorption, distribution and elimination of tetracycline and sulfamethoxazole in ephemeral vegetables. PLoS One. 12(8):e0183087 (2017). PMID: 28797073
- Bauck AG, Grosche A, Morton AJ, Graham AS, Vickroy TW, Freeman DE. Effect of lidocaine on inflammation in equine jejunum subjected to manipulation only and remote to intestinal segments subjected to ischemia. Am J Vet Res. 78(8):977-989 (2017). PMID: 28738006
- Mzyk DA, Gehring R, Tell LA, Vickroy TW, Riviere JE, Ragan G, Baynes RE, Smith GW. Considerations for extralabel drug use in calves. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 250(11):1275-1282 (2017). PMID: 28509644
Last updated 28 Nov 2018