Ricardo C. Chebel
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences &
Department of Animal Sciences
Researcher and Extension Veterinarian
Dairy Cattle Health and Welfare
PO Box 100136
2015 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32610
- DVM, Universidade Paulista, 1999
- MPVM, University of California Davis, 2004
- Dairy Production Medicine Residency, University of California Davis, 2004
- Post-graduate researcher, Veterinary Medicine Teaching and Research Center, University of California Davis, 2001
- Intern, RuAnn and Maddox Dairies, Riverside, California, 2000
- Dairy cattle health, management, and welfare. Emphasis on: periparturient cow health and behavior, automated devices for monitoring periparturient cows and pre-weaned calves, reproductive physiology and management, automated devices for estrous detection and improvement of fertility.
Honors & Awards
- Dairy Cattle Reproduction Council, Leadership Award
- House Officer Seminar Day Award (Best Large Animal research), University of California Davis
- Effects of intrauterine infusion of Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide on uterine health, resolution of purulent vaginal discharge, and reproductive performance of lactating dairy cows.
- Effects of intrauterine infusion of Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide on uterine mRNA gene expression and peripheral polymorphonuclear leukocytes in Jersey cows diagnosed with purulent vaginal discharge.