Michael J. Dark
Clinical Associate Professor- Anatomic Pathology
Pathology Service Chief
Department of Comparative, Diagnostic & Population Medicine
PO Box 100123
2015 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32610-0123
Fax: (352) 392-9704
- Diplomate, ACVP, 2011
- PhD, Veterinary Microbiology & Pathology, Washington State University, 2008
- DVM, Michigan State University, 2001
Teaching and Research Interests
- Veterinary Pathology, including studying the pathology of a variety of conditions in animals in an attempt to better model human disease.
- Discovery and diagnosis of diseases in animals
- Bacterial genomics and vector-borne diseases
- Bacterial genome sequencing and bioinformatics
- Rickettsial diseases such as Anaplasma marginale and other model systems
- Disease research, including how to better use archived samples for genetic research
- Examining alternative fixatives for DNA research
- Determining the maximum useful sample age for DNA recovery from diagnostic tissue samples.
- Animals as model systems for disease
- Pathology of a variety of conditions in animals in an attempt to better model human disease.
Additional publications here