Research Assistant Professor
Department of Infectious Diseases & Immunology
PO Box 110880
Bldg. # 1379, Mowry Road
Gainesville, FL 32611-0880
- PhD, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 2014
- MS, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 2010
- BS, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 2009
- Characterization of emerging viruses in aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems
- Phylogenomics to study the biology, epidemiology, and evolution of viruses
- Development of broadly applicable diagnostic methodologies to detect viruses
- Phylogenomic characterization of red seabream iridovirus from Florida pompano Trachinotus carolinus maricultured in the Caribbean Sea.
- Complete Genome Sequence of Mobuck Virus Isolated from a Florida White-Tailed Deer (Odocoileus virginianus).
- Genomic sequencing of a virus representing a novel type within the species Dyopipapillomavirus 1 in an Indian River Lagoon bottlenose dolphin.
- Genomic characterization of a novel pegivirus species from free-ranging bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncatus) in the Indian River Lagoon, Florida.
Additional publications here