Daniel R. Brown
Department of Infectious Diseases & Immunology
PO Box 110880
2015 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32611-0880
- MS, Quantitative Genetics, Louisiana State University, 1980
- PhD, Genetics, University of Arizona, 1987
Honors and Awards
- Who’s Who in Veterinary Medicine Higher Education, 2008
- Phi Zeta National Honor Society of Veterinary Medicine, 2007
- International Organization for Mycoplasmology Derrick Edward Award for Outstanding Research in Mycoplasmology, 2004
- University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine C.E. Cornelius Young Investigator Award, 1994
Cellular microbiology focuses on the host cell responses elicited by interactions with microorganisms. Recent and ongoing research in my laboratory includes culture- and non-culture-based discovery of new bacterial pathogens and commensals from clinical specimens; experimental infection studies and epidemiology; bacterial genome sequencing and annotation; molecular analysis of bacterial virulence mechanisms; comparative immunology; CD44, CD95, and TLR signaling in pro-apoptotic and inflammatory responses to bacterial infection; and genome-based predictive modeling of pathogen evolution.
- May, M. and D.R. Brown. 2015. Mycoplasma and Related Organisms. In: CRC Practical Handbook of Microbiology (Third Edition). Goldman, E. and Green, L.H, eds. Taylor and Francis, Boca Raton FL, pp. 579-607.
- The U.S. Culture Collection Network Responding to the Requirements of the Nagoya Protocol on Access and Benefit Sharing.
- International Committee on Systematics of Prokaryotes Subcommittee on the taxonomy of Mollicutes. Minutes of the closed meeting, 3rd July 2016, Brisbane, Australia.
- Cellular Microbiology of Mycoplasma canis.
- Identification of a Novel Mycoplasma Species in a Patient With Septic Arthritis of the Hip and Seal Finger.
Additional publications here