Alice C. Y. Lee
Assistant Professor- Parasitology and Clinical Diagnostics
Department of Comparative, Diagnostic, and Population Medicine
PO Box 100123
2015 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32610-0123
Fax: (352) 294-8608
- PhD, Infectious Diseases, Cornell University, 2016
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Microbiologists (Parasitology), 2015
- DVM, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, 2006
Honors and Awards
- AAVP-CAPC Graduate Student Award in Zoonotic Diseases, 2015
- AAVP-Merck Outstanding Graduate Student Award, 2014
- National Center for Veterinary Parasitology Fellowship, 2012-2016
- Novartis Animal Health Research Fellowship, 2007-2012
- Courtesy Lecturer, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, 2018
- Extension Associate, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, 2016-2017
- Clinical Resident in Veterinary Parasitology, National Center for Veterinary Parasitology, Cornell University, 2012-2016
Teaching and Research Interests
- Host-parasite immune interactions
- Neglected parasite infections and zoonotic diseases
- Endoscopic imaging for in vivo evaluation of anthelmintic drug efficacy
- Diagnostic parasitology
- Hu Y, Nguyen T, Lee ACY, Urban JF, Miller MM, Zhan B, Koch DJ, Noon JB, Abraham A, Fujiwara RT, Bowman DD, Ostroff G, Aroian RV. Accepted. Bacillus thuringiensis Cry5B protein as a new pan-hookworm cure. International Journal for Parasitology: Drugs and Drug Resistance.
- Lee ACY, Epe C, Bowman DD. 2015. Determination of anthelmintic efficacy against Toxocara canis in dogs by use of capsule endoscopy. Veterinary Parasitology 212 (3-4): 227-231.
- Bourguinat C, Lee ACY, Lizundia Gorbea R, Blagburn BL, Liotta JL, Kraus MS, Keller K, Epe C, Letourneau L, Kleinman C, Paterson T, Carreton Gomez E, Montoya-Alonso JA, Smith H, Bhan A, Peregrine AS, Carmichael J, Drake J, Schenker R, Kaminsky R, Bowman DD, Geary TG, Prichard RK. 2015. Macrocyclic lactone resistance in Dirofilaria immitis: Failure of heartworm preventatives and genetic markers for resistance. Veterinary Parasitology 210 (3-4): 167-178.
- Lee ACY, Epe C, Simpson KW, Bowman DD. 2011. Utility of capsule endoscopy for evaluating anthelmintic efficacy in fully conscious dogs. International Journal for Parasitology 41 (13-14): 1377-1383.
Additional publications here