UF participated in #Academics4BlackLives https://www.academics4blacklives.com, on June 19-25, 2020; a personal and professional development initiative intended for academic faculty and staff to examine the toll of racial trauma on Black people, resist anti-Blackness and white supremacy, and seek both accountability and collective action for solutions.
Below are several resources that will help as we begin this process of positive change. Many of these resources have originated from members of our UFCVM community.
- Listen to the podcast with UFCVM’s Dr. Carl Southern: Being a Black Veterinarian (1 hr, 9 min)
- Listen to the podcast with Ibram X. Kendi: How to be an Antiracist (1 hr)
- Listen to the AAVMC’s Dr. Lisa Greenhill, Podcast Diversity and Inclusion on Air (various 1 hr topics, incl. an interview UF CVM’s Katelyn Jerles)
- Scaffolded resources for becoming and antiracist, from Devon Mims, CVM student: Scaffolding Antiracism Resources
- Resources for Veterinary Students and Allies, prepared by Alexandra Avelino, CVM Pre-Vet Advisor and MS Student in Journalism at UF: Underrepresented No More
- Resources for Veterinary Students: https://www.blackdvmnetwork.com/