Faculty Tenure and Promotion Information
The criteria for promotion or for granting of tenure shall be relevant to the performance of the work which the faculty member has been assigned to do and to the faculty member’s duties and responsibilities as a member of the University community. These criteria recognize three (3) broad categories of academic service as follows:
- Instruction, including regular classroom teaching, direction of theses and dissertations, academic advisement, extension programs, and all preparation for this work including study to keep abreast of one’s field.
- Research or other creative activity including scholarly, peer-reviewed publications.
- Professional and public service.
2019-2020 College of Veterinary Medicine Tenure and Promotion Information:
- College of Veterinary Medicine Tenure and Promotion Guidelines
- 2018 PowerPoint Presentation
- Generic T&P Template
- Educational Portfolio Template
- Educational Portfolio Example 1
- Educational Portfolio Example 2
- Clinical Portfolio Template
- Extension Portfolio Template
- Section 8 Guidelines
2019-2020 University Tenure and Promotion Information:
- Tenure and Promotion Guidelines 2019—2020
- Highlighted changes for 2019-2020
- University Tenure and Promotion Regulations
All applications for promotion, tenure, and/or permanent status at the University of Florida will be processed in the Online Promotion and Tenure (OPT) System.
- The 2019-20 Application template is in MYUFL. Web Browser should be set to allow pop-ups.
- Log onto MYUFL
- Go to Main Menu >My Self Service >Faculty Promotion and Tenure >UF Faculty Promotion and Tenure >Promotion and Tenure Packet > Packet Template with Activity.
- The Template will open as a Word file, with some sections auto-populated with the candidate’s information.
2019-2020 College of Veterinary Medicine and University Deadlines:
|February 1, 2019 – March 1, 2019||
|April 1, 2019||
|April 15, 2019||
|May 15, 2019 – May 31, 2019||
|July 1, 2019||
|August 1, 2019||
|August 15, 2019||
|September 1, 2019||
|September 15, 2019||
|October 15, 2019||
|November 1, 2019||
|November 15, 2019||
|December 15, 2019||
|January 15, 2020||
The mid-career review process for tenure-accruing and non-tenure accruing faculty in the College of Veterinary Medicine will occur after three years of employment. The review process will be used to formally advise the tenure-accruing faculty member on his/her progress toward tenure and recommend courses of action for improvement, if necessary. For non-tenure accruing faculty, the review process will be used to formally advise the candidate of his/her progress toward promotion.
For questions, please contact:
- Glen Mapes – College Tenure & Promotion Administrator
- Your Tenure & Promotion Department Administrators:
2019 Tenure and Promotion Workshops:
Workshops have been scheduled to discuss the preparation of Online Tenure and Promotion (OPT) packets and the University evaluation process for 2019-20. We encourage faculty who will be submitting packets this fall, members of this year’s college/unit review boards, new hires, and other interested faculty who may be going through the OPT process in the near future to attend one of these sessions:
- Friday, March 22, 2019, 2:00pm-4:00pm, Room 6120 MSB/Shands (Take Atrium Elevators to 6th floor). Videoconferencing for COM/Jax employees in the LRC Auditorium.
- Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 9:00am-11:00am, Reitz Union Chamber. Will be video streamed and recorded.
Web Simulations and Instruction Guides:
- Indicating Candidate Designee Simulation | Instructions
- Downloading & Completing Packet Template Simulation | Instructions
- Uploading & Certifying Faculty Template Packet Simulation | Instructions
- Adding Documents to Section 33 Simulation | Instructions
- Candidate Response to Chair Evaluative Letter Simulation | Instructions
- Candidate Response to Dean Evaluative Letter Simulation | Instructions
- Candidate Approval of Additions to Section 33 Simulation | Instructions
- Managing OPT Publications Instructions
- Managing Patents & Software Copyrights Instructions
- Managing OPT Honors Instructions
- Managing OPT Presentations Instructions
- Adding Candidate & Opening Packet Simulation | Instructions
- Adding Department Reviewers & Chair/Director (and Designee) Simulation | Instructions
- Adding Distinguished Professor/Curator Nominee Instructions
- Adding Documents & Certifying Packet Simulation | Instructions
- Adding Department OPT Faculty Reviewer Assessment Results Simulation | Instructions
- Viewing Chair or Director Endorsement Simulation | Instructions