Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences
UF Veterinary Hospitals Dermatology Service Chief
PO Box 100126
2015 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32610-0126
- Pre-vet studies, University of Natural Science, Salzburg, Austria, 2000
- “Magistra”, University of Veterinary Medicine, Vienna, Austria, 2006
- Externship, Small animal private veterinary practice, Vienna, Austria, 2002-2003
- Externship in dermatology, University of Veterinary Medicine, Clinic of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Vienna, Austria, 2005-2006
- Dr.Med.Vet, University of Veterinary Medicine, Clinic of Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Vienna, Austria, 2008
- Residency, Investigative and Clinical Dermatology, NC State University, Raleigh, 2008-2011
- Diplomate, Dermatology, American College of Veterinary Dermatology, 2011
- Diplomate, Dermatology, European College of Veterinary Dermatology, 2011
Honors and Awards
- Honorable Mention: Basic Science, American College of Veterinary Dermatology (ACVD) Residents Research Award, 2010
- NCSU House Officer of the Month Award for Excellence in Teaching, NC State University College of Veterinary Medicine, 2010
- NCSU Coat of Excellence Award for the ability to uphold high professional standards for patient care and clinical excellence, NC State University College of Veterinary Medicine, 2010
Investigative and Clinical Dermatology
- Successful treatment of a novel generalized variant of canine discoid lupus erythematosus with oral hydroxychloroquine.
- Metaflumizone-amitraz (Promeris)-associated pustular acantholytic dermatitis in 22 dogs: evidence suggests contact drug-triggered pemphigus foliaceus.
- Successful treatment of canine necrolytic migratory erythema (superficial necrolytic dermatitis) due to metastatic glucagonoma with octreotide.
Additional publications here