Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences
PO Box 100126
2015 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32610-0126
- BS, Zoology/Entomology, Auburn University, Auburn, AL, 1983
- DVM, Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1994 (with High Honors)
- Internship, Cornell University, Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, New York State College of Veterinary Medicine, 1994-1995
Honors and Awards
- Priscilla Henderson Scholarship, 1991
- Provides Award for proficiency in small animal medical diagnosis, 1993
- Phi Zeta, Honor Society of Veterinary Medicine, 1994
- Merck Award for top 10% of graduating veterinary class, 1994
- Salsbury Scholarship, 1994
- Community Service Award, presented by Puppy Hill Farm Animal Rescue, 2006
- Superior Accomplishment Award, Health Science Center, 2007
- Superior Accomplishment Award for Faculty, Health Science Center, 2008
- Superior Accomplishment Award for Faculty, University of Florida, 2008
- Veterinarian of the Year, No More Homeless Pets of Alachua County, 2009
Pet overpopulation; Pediatric spay/neuter; Dermatologic problems in shelter animals; Pain managment in a shelter environment; Vaccination strategies and efficacy in a shelter environment; Sanitation and infection control.
- Evaluation of medetomidine, ketamine and buprenorphine for neutering feral cats.
- The role of veterinary medicine in an interdisciplinary family health course.
- Education of global veterinarians.
- Comparison between analgesic effects of buprenorphine, carprofen, and buprenorphine with carprofen for canine ovariohysterectomy.
Additional publications here