Large Animal Clinical Sciences
PO Box 100136
2015 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32608-0136
- DVM, University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo., 1980
- MS, Veterinary Anatomy, University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo., 1976
- BA, Biological Sciences, Pre-Veterinary, University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo., 1975
- BA, Biological Sciences, University of Missouri, Kansas City, Mo., 1973
Honors and Awards
- US Fish and Wildlife Service Regional Director’s Conservation Award, 2008
Preventive medicine program development, conservation and endangered species research in sirenians, cetaceans, and sea turtles. Clinical research to improve preventive medicine programs including nutrition, diagnostic and treatment protocol improvement and development. Current research projects include: nutritional evaluation and components in cetaceans, manatees and sharks, whole blood element analysis in marine animals as a diagnostic tool, manatee milk analysis, and use of thermography as a diagnostic tool. Educational seminars within and between departments.
- 2014 Hypertension Recommendations From the Eighth Joint National Committee Panel Members Raise Concerns for Elderly Black and Female Populations.
Additional publications here.