Maureen T. Long
Comparative, Diagnostic & Population Medicine
PO Box 100123
2015 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32610-0123
- PhD (1998) Washington State University – Veterinary Science
- MS (1993) University of Illinois – Veterinary Science
- DVM (1986) Iowa State University – Veterinary Medicine
Honors and Awards
- 1996, Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- 1996, Dr. Lynn A. George Scholarship for Basic Science Research
- 1993, LE Boley Award in Research Excellence, University of Illinois
- 1982, Honors Graduate, Iowa State University
- 1979, Top 2% Ag College, Iowa State University
- 1977-1982, Dean’s List 1977-1982
Research interest include several equine and large animal infectious diseases which inclue Ehrlichia risticii, Neospora caninum, Toxoplasma gondii, Equine Infectious Anemia Virus and West Nile Virus. Clinical interests are infectious diseases, immunology, and endocrine diseases.
- Phenotypic characterisation of cell populations in the brains of horses experimentally infected with West Nile virus.
- Working with Zika and Usutu Viruses In Vitro.
- Flaviviruses as a Cause of Undifferentiated Fever in Sindh Province, Pakistan: A Preliminary Report.
- Immunohistochemistry for the detection of neural and inflammatory cells in equine brain tissue.
Additional publications here