Department of Physiological Sciences
Gainesville, FL 32610-0103
Office: VS 114
- Clinical Pathology Residency and Master of Science, Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, 2011-2014
- Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Rotating Internship, University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, 2010-2011
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, 2006-2010
- Bachelor of Science, Biology, Louisiana State University, 2002-2006
Exchange Student, University of Nottingham, UK, 2005
Honors and Awards
- CL Davis Award 2014
- 3rd place oral presentation. The role of MCP-1 in Staphylococcus aureus infection in the murine lung. LSU Graduate Research Symposium, Baton Rouge LA, 2013
- Outstanding Student Award Year IV 2010
- Internal Medicine Certificate of Excellence 2010
- Oncology Certificate of Excellence 2010
- Clinical Pathology Award of Excellence 2010
- Dean’s Honors List 2006-2010
- Salsbury Scholarship 2008
- Invisible Fence Scholarship 2007
- Clinical chemistry
Selected Research Publications
- Leissinger M, Brandao J, Wakamatsu N, Le Roux A, Rich G, Gaunt S. Pulmonary histiocytic sarcoma in a rabbit. Vet Clin Pathol. 2013; 42: 364-367.
- Leissinger M, Pescosolido K, Royal A, What is your diagnosis? Equine transtracheal wash fluid. Vet Clin Pathol. 2013; 42: 529-530.
- Brandão J, Woods S, Fowlkes N, Leissinger M et al. Disseminated histoplasmosis (Histoplasma capsulatum) in a pet rabbit: case report and review of the literature. J VET Diagn Invest. 2014; 26: 158-162.
- Leissinger M, Kulkarni R, Zemans R, Downey G, Jeyaseelan S. Investigating the role of NOD-Like receptors in bacterial lung infection. AM J Respir Crit Care Med. 2014. 189:1461-8.
- Leissinger MK, Garber JB, Fowlkes N, Grooters AM, Royal AB, Gaunt SD. Mycobacterium fortuitum lipoid pneumonia in a dog. Vet Pathol. Prepublished April 30, 2014 DOI:10.1177/0300985814531497.
- Leissinger M, Walton S, Fletcher J, Gaunt S. What is your diagnosis? Blood smear from a cat. Vet Clin Pathol. 2014;46: 465-6.
- Leissinger M, Del Piero F, Kawabata A, Dedeaux A, Gaunt S. Pathology in Practice. JAVMA. In Press.