- Diplomate, American College of Theriogenologists, 1994
- MS, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, 1994
- DVM, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich., 1990
- BS, Zoology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich., 1983
Honors and Awards
- Appointed to Board of Directors for District III of the American Association of Equine Practitioners
- President, American College of Theriogenologists, 2004-2005
- Large Animal Clinician of the Year Award, University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla., 2003
- Member, The National Society of Phi Zeta
- Member, Sigma Xi
Dr. Macpherson is primarily interested in conditions that affect pregnancy including twin pregnancy and placentitis. Recent work from her laboratory has focused on effective treatments for bacterial placentitis.
Publications listed here.