- Diplomate, American College of Theriogenologists, 1994
- MS, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, 1994
- DVM, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich., 1990
- BS, Zoology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich., 1983
Honors and Awards
- Appointed to Board of Directors for District III of the American Association of Equine Practitioners
- President, American College of Theriogenologists, 2004-2005
- Large Animal Clinician of the Year Award, University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla., 2003
- Member, The National Society of Phi Zeta
- Member, Sigma Xi
Dr. Macpherson is primarily interested in conditions that affect pregnancy including twin pregnancy and placentitis. Recent work from her laboratory has focused on effective treatments for bacterial placentitis.
- Theriogenology question of the month.
- Acute and chronic effects of a contraceptive compound RTI-4587-073(l) on testicular histology and endocrine function in miniature horse stallions.
- Use of two conventional staining methods to assess the acrosomal status of stallion spermatozoa.
- Indenopyride derivative RTI-4587-073(l): a candidate for male contraception in stallions.
- Serum amyloid A concentration in healthy periparturient mares and mares with ascending placentitis.