Joy L. Barbet
Clinical Assistant Professor
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences
PO Box 100126
2015 SW 16th AV
Gainesville, FL 32610-0126
- AA, Liberal Arts, Spokane Community College, Spokane, WA, 1973-1975
- Undergraduate, Pre-vet studies, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, 1975-1977
- DVM, Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, Cum Laude, Class Rank 2, 1977-1981
- BSc, Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, Summa Cum Laude, 1978
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Dermatology, 1990
- MRCVS by examination – Cambridge, England, 1982
Honors and Awards
- Resident’s Award – Residents’ Forum at AAVD/ACVD Annual Meeting, 1987
- ABCB1-1 Delta (MDR1-1 Delta) genotype is associated with adverse reactions in dogs treated with milbemycin oxime for generalized demodicosis.
- Specific immunotherapy in the treatment of Culicoides hypersensitive horses: a double-blind study.
- Duration of inhibition of immediate skin test reactivity by hydroxyzine hydrochloride in dogs.
Additional publications here