Small Animal Clinical Sciences
PO Box 100126
2015 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32608-0136
- DVM, Sichuan College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Sichuan, China, 1983
- MS, Beijing Agricultural University, Beijing, China, 1988
- Acupuncture Training Diploma in Beijing College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China, 1992
- Advanced Acupuncture Continuing Education Program Diploma in National Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China, 1993
- PhD, University of Florida, 1999
Research & Professional Interests
Efficacy and mode of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine on gastrointestinal disorders, pain management, oncology, geriatric medicine and life quality. In 1998, Dr. Xie founded the Chi Institute of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine, where he continues to teach and develop educational programs.
- Chrisman C, Xie H. Research support for the Jing Luo System. American Journal of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine. 6(1): 1-4, 2011
- Chrisman C, Xie H. Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medical Education in Colleges of Veterinary Medicine in the China and the United States. American Journal of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine. 5(2): 1-5, 2010
- Atria S, Carson E, Xie H. Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine Treatment of Eighteen Florida Horses with Anhidrosis. American Journal of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine. 5(2):25-36, 2010
- Chrisman C, Xie H. The paradigm shift to Bian Zheng for conventional trained veterinarians. American Journal of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine. 5(1):1-8, 2010
- Huisheng Xie: Chinese Veterinary Herbal Toxicity and Safety-An Overview. In: Yang & Xie (Ed): Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine-Empirical Techniques to Scientific Validation. Jing-tang Publishing, Reddick:Florida. Page 85-94, 2010.
Additional publications here.