Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences
PO Box 100126
2015 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32610-0126
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Surgery, 2006
- MS, Veterinary Clinical Sciences, The Ohio State University, 2005
- Residency, Small Animal Surgery, The Ohio State University, 2002-2005
- Internship, Small Aniaml Medicine and Surgery, The Ohio State University, 2001-2002
- DMV, Veterinary Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy, 1994
Honors and Awards
- An Academically Outstanding Surgical Resident, Annette Hartman & Lester E. Wiley Scholarship, The Ohio State University Small Animal Surgery Section, 2006
- Best Poster for “Structure and Function” at Advances in Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 2005
- Best Research Presentation, second place, ACVS Residents Forum, 2005
- Mark S. Bloomberg Memorial Resident Research Award, Veterinary Orthopedic Society, 2004
The focus of my research is centered on biomechanics of joints and fracture fixation. Specific avenues of research include biomechanics of cranial cruciate ligament reconstruction techniques and meniscus treatments, models of tibial osteotomies, minimally invasive fracture fixation. Laboratory assessment modalities include biomechanical testing, kinematics and gait analysis.
- Ex vivo contact mechanics and three-dimensional alignment of normal dog elbows after proximal ulnar rotational osteotomy.
- A biomechanical comparison of three hybrid linear-circular external fixator constructs.
Additional publications here