Amara H. Estrada
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences
PO Box 100126
2015 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, FL 32608-0126
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, subspecialty of Cardiology, 2002
- Residency, Cardiology, Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, Ithaca, NY, 1999-2002
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, TN, 1998-1999
- DVM, Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine, Gainesville, FL, 1994-1998
- BS, Zoology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1989-1993
Honors and Awards
- Morris Animal Foundation “Thank Your Vet”, 2009
- CE Cornelius Young Investigator Award, College of Veterinary Medicine, 2008
- Florida Association of Kennel Clubs, Clinical Investigator Award, 2006
- University of Florida Outstanding Young Alumni Award, 2006
- University of Florida Faculty Superior Accomplishment Award, 2006
- Pacing therapy
- Complex arrhythmias
- Cardiac interventional therapy
- Cardiac stem cell therapy.
- Brain angiometastasis from a non-seminomatous germ cell tumor: A case report.
- Longitudinal Analysis of Quality of Life, Clinical, Radiographic, Echocardiographic, and Laboratory Variables in Dogs with Preclinical Myxomatous Mitral Valve Disease Receiving Pimobendan or Placebo: The EPIC Study.
Additional publications here