Recent & Upcoming Events
- To continue with our college goal of creating an inclusive and diverse community, several of our veterinary students were showcased in the Spanish Univision network. On March 19, Animales 360 con Xiomaraaired a piece featuring three of our Hispanic senior students, Jose Carvajal, Alejandra Gonzales and Carmen Morales. The piece presented our students as pet owners, future professionals receiving an outstanding education, and proud of their Hispanic heritage. Jose, Alejandra and Carmen showed their passion towards the profession when speaking about the baby hippo the college had under medical observation, the shelter program who works closely with local shelters and how part of their training aids these animals find a forever home. The full story can be found here: http://uni.vi/bEai100Cqrq
- On March 29-April 1, the College of Veterinary Medicine hosted a booth at the Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences (MANRRS) National Conference Career Far in Pittsburgh, PA. For More information about MANRRS, visit http://www.manrrs.org
- On May 22-June 30, 2017, the UF Summer Health Professions Education Program visited the College of Veterinary Medicine for tours, hands-on workshops, and pre-vet advising. More information regarding the program and how to apply can be found here: http://www.shpep.org/apply-to-shpep/
- On May 30-June 3, 2017, Dr.’s Lisa Farina and Jaron Jones attended the National Conference on Race & Ethnicity in American Higher Education (NCORE) (Ft. Worth, TX). https://www.ncore.ou.edu/en/2017/
- This week, UF Multicultural & Diversity Affairs (MCDA) invites us to engage in an event series on anti-racism education. This is a great opportunity to interact with faculty, staff, and peers on challenging racism on our campus and community.