CVM Open House 2014
Mark your calendars now!
CVM Open House will be April 12 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The free event will be held at the college, located at 2015 SW 16th Ave. in Gainesville.
An overall description of this year’s events is below, but we will be fine-tuning the program so stay tuned for more information. The event is free, but there will be CVM merchandise and food available for sale, with proceeds benefiting UF veterinary student clubs. Don’t forget to bring cash or checks to support the students with your purchases!
This year’s event will feature:
- Tours of the UF Small and Large Animal Hospitals (ongoing)
- Educational Demonstrations will highlight various techniques used by UF veterinarians to treat animals for a variety of health problems.
- K-9 Demonstrations (GPD K-9 demo: 11 30 a.m., outside courtyard; Alachua County Sheriff’s Office K-9 demo: 2 p.m., outside courtyard)
- Gainesville Mounted Police Demonstration (12 p.m.-Large Animal Hospital area)
- Dog Agility Demonstrations (11 a.m. and 1 p.m.- outside clinical sciences building)
- Lameness Locator Demonstrations (11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. – Lameness Pavilion)
- An Adopt-a-Thon with local shelter animals (ongoing)
- Rabbit handling (11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m.-VS 20)
- Games, prizes and activities for kids, provided by UF CVM student organizations
- Teddy Bear Clinic: Bring your damaged stuffed animal for repair by UF veterinary students (ongoing)
- Lectures on “How to Get Into Veterinary School”: Learn more about the admissions process and careers in veterinary medicine (11 a.m. and 1 p.m.-New Auditorium, back of Veterinary Academic Building)
- Therapy Horses of Gentle Carousel. Teams of these tiny horses visit over 25,000 adults and children each year inside hospitals, hospice programs, and with children who have experienced traumatic events. These horses were first responders at Newtown, Conn. Come meet them and see why they’re special! (ongoing, Large Animal Hospital area)
- Free ice cream from Sweet Dreams Creamery
Come one, come all!