CVM Open House 2012
Annual CVM Open House
will be April 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The free event will be held at the college, located at 2015 SW 16th Ave. in Gainesville. The large and small animal hospitals are located at the same complex.
For directions, click here. An overall description of this year’s events is below. For more information about specific talks and demonstrations on tap at both hospitals, click here. The event is free, but there will be Vet School merchandise and food available for sale, with proceeds benefiting UF veterinary student clubs. Don’t forget to bring cash or checks to support the students with your purchases!
This year’s event will feature:
* Tours of the Small and Large Animal Hospitals
* Talks and Educational Demonstrations will highlight various techniques used by UF veterinarians to treat animals for a variety of health problems.
* Gainesville Police Department’s Mounted Unit
* Dog Agility Demonstrations
* An Adopt-a-Thon with local shelter animals
* Disaster Response Demonstration
* Games and prizes for kids provided by CVM student organizations
* Teddy Bear Clinic
* Lecture on “How to Get Into Veterinary School”
Although there will be various demonstrations held throughout the day, some will be held at specific times.
10 a.m. – Open House begins
10:30: Public Health & Service Club Demonstration (rescue)
11 a.m.: GPD Mounted Police Demo
11:30: First of two talks on “How to Get Into Veterinary School:
12:30: Dr. Dean Scott, “Funny Vet” presentation
1 p.m.: Alachua Police Department K-9 Demonstration
1:30 p.m.: Public Health and Service Club Demonstration (rescue)
2 p.m.: Agility Dog Demonstration
2:30 p.m.: Second of two talks on “How to Get Into Veterinary School”
Come one, come all!