CVM Open House 2015
Mark calendars now:
Open House 2015 set for April 11
Come one, come all to the UF College of Veterinary Medicine’s traditional Open House! The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 11 at the college, 2015 SW 16th Ave. in Gainesville. The college and our veterinary students work together to put on this wonderful, fun and education event each year for the community. And it’s all free!
Our Open House is an opportunity to learn more about the veterinary profession and what our Small and Large Animal Hospitals have to offer, engage in learning opportunities, see cool stuff and even adopt an animal from a local shelter. Come learn more about us! What a great way to spend a Saturday!
* Tours of the UF Large and Small Animal Hospitals (ongoing)
* How to Get Into Veterinary School/Pre-Vet Advising Sessions will be held at 11 a.m. and at 2 p.m.
* Talks and Educational Demonstrations will highlight various techniques used by UF veterinarians to treat animals for a variety of health problems (ongoing)
* Educational demonstrations by Gainesville Police Department’s mounted patrol (12 p .m.) and K-9 team (11:30 a.m. ) and Alachua County Sheriff’s Office K-9 team (2 p.m.)
* Lameness Locator Demonstrations (12:00 p.m and 2:30 p.m.)
* Equine Treadmill Demonstrations (11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.)
* Dog Agility Demonstrations (11 a.m. and 1 p.m.)
* Games and prizes for kids provided by CVM student organizations
* Food available for sale, proceeds benefiting veterinary student clubs
* Teddy Bear Clinic for the kids – bring your torn teddy bears for repair by UF veterinary students and the Alachua Veterinary Medical Association (ongoing)
* Gentle Carousel Miniature Therapy Horses (ongoing)
* Gainesville Rabbit Rescue will perform hourly handling demonstrations (11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m, 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.)